What is Yeast in Beer?
- So small you can’t see it
How does it work?
- When there’s sugar, yeast eats the sugar and make more yeast. As yeast grows, it creates alcohol and carbon dioxide as it’s waste product.
- When there’s no sugar left, yeast becomes dormant (sleeps). It will flow to the bottle of your container.
- You can reuse yeast for your next brew. Yeast can be reused several times before it is stops working.
- When yeast is added to your wort (beer), sugar (glucose) goes through the yeast. Sugar then becomes alcohol through a 10 step method called glycolysis.
How to reuse yeast?
What types of Yeast are there?
How to measure alcohol in the beer ABV?