Pumpkin Cream Ale Beer Recipe
5 Gallons of ber with 6 – 8% beer. Best to brew when it’s pumpkin season time.
- 3.3 lbs Extra Light LME (liquid malt extract)
- 2 lbs Pilsen Briess DME (dried malt extract)
- 1 lb corn sugar
- 1.25 oz Willamette Hops (bittering)
- 1 oz Willamette Hops (aroma)
- 8 – 10 lbs pumpkin (smaller pie pupkins)
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 sachet yeast
- 1 tsp Irish Moss (optional)
8 – 10 pounds pumpkin and mash it up to a paste. Boil for 30 – 45mins. Brewer used a beer extract. Stir it into the pot. Boil for 45mins. At boil, put in hops. Last 5 mins put in cinnamon, clove, ginger and all the spices, and the finishing aroma hops. Pitch yeast. 86 – 92 F to hydrate the yeast.
How to do the Pumpkin:
- Prepare Pumpkin for baking:
- Cut the pumpkin in half and clean it out. Cut into small pieces. Put small pieces of pumpkin onto a baking pan with a bit of water to the pan.
- Roast roast in oven at 325 F (163 C) for 1 hour (or until soft).When it’s soft, it’s easier to mash into a paste.
- Once roast is finished, scoop off pumpkin away from skin. Mash it into a paste.
- At start of boil, put in bittering hops
- 45 mins into boil – add dried malt extract and corn sugar
- 50 mins into boil – add aroma hops, spices and vanilla extract (add Irish Moss optional)
- 60 mins into boil – complete.
Cool wort to 70 F (21 C). Pitch yeast. Ferment for 1 week or until stops bubbling. Do 2nd fermentation for 2 weeks (optional).