SMaSH is a single malt, single hop style beer.
Motueka SMaSH Pale Ale Homebrew 5.1% – Taste Test.
- Recipe for 9.5 litre All-grain BIAB (60 min mash, 15 min boil)
- 3 kgs of NZ Ale Malt (or similar 2 row pale malt)
- 20gms Motueka hops 7% AA @ 15 mins
- 20gms Motueka hops 7% AA @ 5 mins
- 10gms Motueka hops 7% AA @ 0 mins (flame out)
- US-05 yeast 1/2 packet 25gms
- Motueka hops 7% AA – Dry hopped in muslin bag for last 7 days of fermentation.
- Mashed in at 67/68C in 9.5L of water for 60mins, then sparged with 2 litres of 70C water.
- OG = 1.044 FG = 1.010 IBU = 30 approx ABV 5.1%
It’s actually about 4.5% ABV.